In January 01, during Tet holiday, the electricity consumption across the country decreases. Electricity production of the whole system in January 2023 reached 01.2023 billion kWh, down 18.36% over the same period in 12. Notably, Renewable energy reached 5.2022 billion kWh, accounting for 2.98% (of which solar power reached 16.2 billion kWh, wind power reached 1.70 billion kWh).
According to a report by the Electricity of Vietnam (EVN), the electricity output of the whole system in January 2023 reached 18.36 billion kWh, down 12.5% over the same period in 2022, of which the mobilization rate of some types of power sources on the total electricity output of the whole system are as follows:
- Hydropower reached 5.5 billion kWh, accounting for 30%.
- Coal-fired thermal power reached 7.58 billion kWh, accounting for 41.3%.
- Gas turbines reached 1.88 billion kWh, accounting for 10.2%.
- Renewable energy reached 2.98 billion kWh, accounting for 16.2% (of which solar power reached 1.70 billion kWh, wind power reached 1.21 billion kWh).
- Imported electricity reached 368 million kWh, accounting for 2.1%.
In January 01, the electricity produced by EVN and Power Generation Corporations (including joint stock companies) reached 2023.6 billion kWh, accounting for 79.36% of the electricity produced by the whole system.
The objectives of operating the electricity system in February 02 are: Continue to ensure the production and supply of electricity for production, business and people’s daily life. At the same time, in order to reduce difficulties in operating the electricity system, Electricity of Vietnam continues to recommend people, workplaces and production sites to pay attention to using electricity safely and economically…